Here we are. Another year wrapped, our ninth in fact, and we’re here with our final digital release of 2019 (and but not our final release of the year. More news on that very shortly). It’s been another brilliant 12 months of releases, progress and music and we’re really stoked on this latest FKOFd EP. And, as we’ve seen with the majority of our releases over the last 12 months, this is another new addition to the FatKidOnFire family.
Barcelona’s Kodama has had a pretty eventful 2019 with rapid-fire releases across three imprints pushing the newer wave of 140bpm producers – Encrypted Audio, Silent Motion and, most recently, eatmybeat. He’s worked with some of our favourite artists and is building a beautiful and evocative signature sound that caught our ears and eyes earlier this summer. FKOFd041 is a four-track EP that documents Kodama’s take on our sound and is a great addition to our back catalogue of adventurous bass-led material.
We open with the upbeat Rootmars, a glittering soundscape that travels through its three and a half minute duration with Four Tet-esque synths, warm subs and crackling percs. Amour continues the theme and adds strings, vocal samples and an almost hip-hop vibe that’s equally comfortable warming up the system for wall-to-wall 140 or a 3am wind-down. We’d love to see this one performed with a band live one day! Spark is a slightly more ‘traditional’ FKOF beat (if there is such a thing!) with its rolling lows, crisp drums and key-led second drop. Watch this one mix with VIVEK’s Against The Tide – it’s a blend. Lastly we have Zzyzx which is, thankfully, an easier listen than it is to pronounce! An almost Nanobyte journey through luscious sounds and atmospheres. It’s a great way to wrap FKOFd041; documenting Kodama’s unique sound.
We’ve had a pretty epic year with new material across our two imprints, and we couldn’t have found a better EP to wrap 2019 for FKOFd. It’s been wicked working with Kodama and we’re excited to debut his Artist Highlight mix and FKOF Free Download alongside FKOFd041. Get to know – this producer’s going places.
FKOFd041 is available from the FKOFd Bandcamp and Juno from 15/11/19. It goes on general release (via all other good electronic retailers) two weeks later. You can find the release archive across all platforms while you’re at it. And, as always, thanks and love to M7 Grafiks for the visuals and Beat Chef Mastering for the tasty masters!
Click to DOWNLOAD (142MB)
- Khromi – Somber [dub]
- Mob killa Ik Heb Je [dub]
- Mob killa – Rain or Shine [dub]
- Pharma – Ghosts & Gouls [dub]
- De-TuxSeenxCeiva – Disenchant [dub]
- Kodama – ID [dub]
- Fiend – Lost [dub]
- FLO – Fragola [dub]
- Kodama – Amour [forthcoming FKOF]
- Kodama – Amble [dub]
- Kodama – Piranha Plant [dub]
- Phossa – Settle [dub]
- Glume & Phossa – Yucatan (forthcoming Encrypted Audio)
- Nova – Cosmic Life [dub]
- Kodama – Moonlight (Gnischrew remix) [dub]
- Ourman – Bhajan [dub]
- Ome – Nada [dub]
- Argo – Days End [forthcoming Vantage Records]
- Cartridge – On the Rooftops (Mrshl remix) [dub]
- Dalek One – Nobody Got My Style [dub]
- Hypho & Xakra ft. Rider Shafique – Style Me Guide [forthcoming Encrypted Audio]
- Zygos – ’16 [dub]
- Kodama – Spark [forthcoming FKOF]
- Kodama – Oshigata (Alienmade remix) [dub]
- Lord Jabu & Effra – Queen Himmiko [dub]
- Bisweed – Profound (Kodama remix) [dub]
- Headspace – North West (Bisweed remix) [dub]
- Maes – Rivia [dub]
- 3WA – Old Mount [dub]
- Cartridge – Sacred Scrollz [forthcoming Albion Collective]
- Kodama – ID [dub]
- The Greys – Gioia [dub]
- Kodama – Eluse [forthcoming FKOF]
Producers, if you’ve got tunes for us, please feel free to send them our way.
Peace, love and respect.